The St. Joseph Parish Pastoral Council met via ZOOM on Saturday morning, Aug. 28.
Among the highlights:
– reviewed and discussed the recently-completed Financial Year Report. Summary of the report can be viewed here.
– update from Ana Valencia on the NeXt Level project, the service immersion experience and the beginnings of a decision on the Passion Project. A full presentation from the NeXt Level team will be made to the Council at the next meeting.
– progress report on the training and activation of our liturgical ministers. Lectors have completed their training, Eucharist Ministers and Hospitality Ministers are underway. Other ministries (Environment, Family Servers, Music) will be trained separately.
– review of parish events so far this summer and COVID-19 protocols, given the Delta variant. No changes were recommended at this time.
– preview of the numerous September special events.
– Proposals to begin the 33-week Consecration to St. Joseph and to mark Oct. 5, the Feast of St. Faustina. Members of the Council will work between now and the next meeting to determine the scope of the these two activities.
NEXT PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING: Saturday, October 2 at 8:30am (ZOOM or in-person, to be determined).