For 50 days the church celebrates Easter around the world in little and big ways.
Here at St. Joseph, we have our own mix of special events and ordinary activities tinged with Easter joy. Here are some highlights for the next couple of weeks:
- –The Divine Mercy novena runs through Sunday, April 11, when an afternoon program of adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and vocal prayer concludes with the 6pm Spanish Mass that evening.
- –Our monthly Mass in Time of Pandemic, Friday, April 16 at 7pm (bilingual)
- —Pastor’s Chapter Talk on “Easter Life: Justice,” Tuesday, April 20 after the 7pm Mass (bilingual)
- –-St. Sharbel monthly Healing Mass, Thursday, April 22 at 7pm, with Fr. Pauly Thekkan presiding (bilingual)
- –Outdoor activities around Earth Day (April 22), Arbor Day (April 30) and St. Isidore Feast (May 15)
And looking ahead to the second half of the Easter season, save these dates:
- –weekend of May 1-2: celebration of St. Joseph the Worker, frontline and essential workers
- –May 8 (1st Communions), May 22 (Confirmations)
- — Pentecost weekend May 22-23, including a formal Vigil (May 22, 8pm) and Solemn Vespers to accompany the 6pm Mass (May 23).